Monday, April 28, 2008

Sudanese Song

People sang in Sudan before the development of TV shows, wireless technologies and cables development throughout the planet.

I found this article in my archives here, while I was searching for such topic I wrote earlier in the beginning of the eightieth.

I found press coverage to a lecture on this topic I published at that time. I believe that I have forgotten so many topics I wrote in articles, reportages and interviews through my professional life. I have lost so many of these journalistic activities during my long escape from the dictatorship domination in Sudan throughout its modern history.

The archives search I conducted resulted on this page. I hope it is interesting topic to read and know something about the development of this kind of the Sudanese arts.

I found that it is difficult to translate some local terms in the Sudanese language into English, so I just worded them in English letters. I herein, gave them more highlights to explain what they mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not abuse comments. I will delete any abuse and ban the abuser. Be nice and do not post irrelevant content. This is not a just me too blog. Thank YOU.

Social Bookmarks